Benefits of Belonging
AWWA gives you the information and resources you need to deliver safe water to the world. Since its inception in 1881, AWWA has provided the information and leadership needed to advance policies that protect the public’s health. Check out all of the benefits of becoming a member of AWWA/MSAWWA-if you join, you are automatically a member of both!
Current Membership Discounts or Promotions–Click to learn more!
Student & Young Professional Membership
You are the future of the water industry! AWWA student and young professional (35 or younger) members engage in programs, uutilize resources, and connect with other water professionals through Association opportunities, as well as through their local Section, which helps them cultivate a successful career in water.
Why become a member of AWWA?
- Advance your career– Present at a conference, publish an article or join a committee to elevate your professional profile. Access educational resources to stay ahead of the game.
- Connect with Water Professionals– Learn from industry leaders and build relationships that could lead to your next job.
- Stay informed– Get the latest news on what’s happening in the water industry and access expert knowledge to help you do your job better.
- Make a difference– Have a direct impact on water issues affecting your community and help ensure a better world through better water.
- Local Access– Your local Section offers you region specific news and information, events and training in your area and ways to help impact water issues in your community.
How to join:
- Visit the Individual Membership page.
- Choose the Student or the Young Professional tab and use the JOIN NOW button
Individuals | Utilities | Service Providers | Partner Agencies & Institutions | Request Information
Stay current on issues impacting the water industry with top-rated water periodicals, scientific and technical information, manuals and books.
- Journal – American Water Works Association – AWWA’s flagship publication features peer-reviewed articles and information about all aspects of the water profession.
- Opflow – Written by operators, for operators, Opflow presents hands-on guidance to make a utility’s work smoother and more efficient.
- AWWA News – Current water industry news and information.
- Resource Communities – Digital platforms where water professionals go to network, exchange information, and obtain resources. Search the site for technical information and download thousands of archived articles, free to members.
Learn and grow
AWWA provides hundreds of learning opportunities each year. Members can build and expand their professional networks at AWWA conferences, local Section events, and through online opportunities.
Shape how water works
AWWA is committed to both water safety and smart regulation. Lawmakers rely on AWWA to help define emerging issues and create solutions. AWWA testifies before the US Congress and communicates regularly with regulators, public officials, health organizations, the media and consumers.
Save time and resources
AWWA is your one-stop resource for information on water. Enjoy discounts on AWWA products and events.